Creative Users is a disability-led artist platform that explores the intersection of art and design practices, accessibility, and disability. Creative Users is a shapeshifter, cultural connector and sector builder of disability arts and accessible curatorial practice. Our work stems from a desire to activate art and make visible an inclusive arts culture.
Throughout all our projects, Creative Users aims to bridge disability and arts communities by:
- Providing opportunities for art-making, mentorship and co-creation.
- Supporting the visibility of artists with disabilities as well as the spaces that are built with different bodies in mind.
- Helping to mobilize change of both the built environment and the way we think about space towards creating more accessible communities.
- Making Toronto’s art scene more accessible by mapping and promoting accessible opportunities and events.
- Documenting Toronto’s vibrant disability arts sector.
- Building opportunities for artists and art lovers to network, connect and see themselves represented in Toronto’s cultural arts scene.