Deadline: August 24, 2019
Winnipeg’s Sick + Twisted Theatre is seeking proposals from performers who identify as d/Deaf, disabled, Mad and/or sick for our third annual disability cabaret: Sex and Sex Ability. We are looking for performers who are exploring the intersection of sex and disability through performance: dance, songs, skits, spoken word, stand up, magic acts, etc.
Please send us:
- A brief description of your performance.
- Background information on your piece: Is it a new work? Have you performed it before? What was the impetus behind creating it?
- Background information on the artist/s performing the piece. (Bio, resume, artistic statement… Any or all of these would be appreciated.)
- If you have support material (video, still images, press clippings) please send us that, too.
- Your tech needs and access needs.
What we offer:
- All artists will be paid an $800 honorarium for their work.
- Travel, accommodation and per diem.
We encourage collaboration among artists in this project. If you want to propose a piece that needs more performers, we will organize other people to work with you. You may be invited to participate in others’ work.
The future is interdependent!
Deadline for submissions is August 24, 2019.
Successful proposals will be contacted by September 14, 2019.
The performances will be on November 8 and 9, 2019.
Outside travel dates will be from November 6 to 10, 2019.
Email your proposal (or questions) to: email@example.com
Sick + Twisted is a theatre company dedicated to creating work exploring the experience of living with a disability.This project is generously supported by the Canada Council for the Arts, the Manitoba Arts Council and the Winnipeg Arts Council.