May 2, 2021
Call for Applications: Head of Development
Hosted by Nightwood Theatre
Nightwood Theatre is currently seeking a full time Head of Development who has a deep passion and interest in performing arts and intersectional feminism. This role will be a rewarding experience for you if you:
- Are comfortable approaching and building relationships with people you don’t know and asking them for financial support.
- Thrive on challenges and work best in an environment where each day is different.
- Are motivated to reach the financial goals put in place in collaboration with the Managing Director, Artistic Director and Development Committee.
- Work well in a team environment and have strong collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Are an engaged problem-solver. Deadline: 11:59 pm ET on May 2, 2021
Please apply by EMAIL to firstname.lastname@example.org re: Head of Development. Alternatively, applicants can leave a voice message at 416-944-1740 extension 3 to arrange an alternative method of submission. For any questions regarding this position, please contact Beth Brown, Managing Director at email@example.com.
Nightwood Theatre forges creative alliances among diverse* women artists in order to develop and produce exceptional feminist works for the stage. It should be noted that our organizational understanding of women extends beyond the limitations of cis-womanhood and includes but is not limited to cis and trans women, as well as welcoming trans identities, Two-Spirit and gender diverse folks. We are an established and nationally respected company, with professional leadership (past and current) that has been publicly acclaimed for being mavericks in artistic excellence, gender equity in the arts and the successful training/development of emerging artists.
*Nightwood Theatre is an equal-opportunity employer, and we believe that our organization is stronger when we have a team that reflects our country’s diversity. Nightwood is committed to creating spaces that are trans inclusive and that recognize a multitude of intersectional identities, which include race, ability, sexual orientation, age, and gender identity among others. We encourage candidates of numerous intersectionalities to apply.