June 30, 2021
Call for Applications: Screenwriting Fellowship
Hosted by Inevitable Foundation
The Screenwriting Fellowship gives disabled screenwriters $25,000 in unrestricted funding to advance their careers and projects.
Our Fellowships are for disabled screenwriters who are creating mainstream stories, which may or may not include disabled characters or be about disability.
While increasing the presence of disabled screenwriters in the industry will surely advance representation on screen, disabled screenwriters are capable of writing stories that have nothing to do with disability and should have full freedom to choose how much of their work is about a part of their identity or not.
Studios, steamers, networks and production companies should hire disabled screenwriters to tell stories that are personal and meaningful to them, regardless of the role disability plays in the project.
The Fellowship is for any screenwriter who meets the following conditions:
- Self-identifies as disabled.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Dedicated to or currently pursuing a career in screenwriting.
- Currently or previously has worked in the entertainment industry.
- Demonstrates that without the Fellowship or similar financial support, you are unable to advance your own full-time career as a screenwriter.
Fellowships are awarded on a rolling basis so you can apply at any time.
International entries are accepted, but are subject to additional review in order to comply with U.S. Treasury Department regulations.