May 27, 2021
Call for Applications from Disability Communities
Hosted by BEING Studio
BEING Studio is looking to fill a couple of spots on our volunteer Board of Directors for the upcoming year. You do not have to have any formal training or prior Board experience.
BEING has been continually adapting to the pandemic, launching several new initiatives aimed at keeping our members connected, creating, and sharing their work in the digital environment. BEING is experiencing a dynamic period of growth and is searching for passionate and dedicated Board members who can help steer the organization towards a sustainable future. The Board of Directors governs BEING by making decisions and adopting policies that are sound, ethical, and legal, to ensure that the organization is moving in the right direction and has adequate resources to advance its mission.
If you live in the Ottawa/Gatineau region, are inspired by the work we do, and think you could contribute to the ongoing evolution of BEING, we encourage you to apply. We are particularly seeking candidates with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Business and Regulatory Law, Labour Law, Human Rights Law, other areas of practice.
- Not-for-profit management and fundraising experience.
- Knowledge of and/or practice in Disability Arts and culture.
- Experience in non-profit governance and/or working with committee frameworks.
- Experience running a social enterprise (particularly in the arts).
- Social justice and equity seeking advocacy at the local, provincial, or federal level.
- Experience in marketing, branding, media relations and/or communications.
- Experience in the fields of Technology and digital products.
The deadline for applications is Thursday, May 27th, 2021 at 5:00 pm Eastern Time.