June 17, 2021 - June 27, 2021
Ottawa Fringe 2021
Hosted by Ottawa Fringe Festival
An open-access festival where 100% of ticket sales belong to the artists. A free market for the performing arts. Programming is selected by a lottery, not curators. Lottery aside, anyone is welcome to submit a Bring Your Own Venue show (BYOV) and have equal billing in the Fringe Festival program.
This year at Ottawa Fringe we have several different ways to address your access needs. We have defined different categories to help you pick the shows that will best meet your needs. This includes three access features for all of our digital shows:
- Closed captioning: when streaming you can turn on the closed captions.
- Transcripts: the transcript or script of the show, will be available to you and will provide details about what the show will be like. Some shows may have more details while others may have an outline. The transcripts are available for free in the add-on section during your ticket purchase.
- Audio pre-show note: All shows will have an audio pre-show note available on the show’s page. These audio notes will tell you what the show is about, the characters (in order of appearance), and provide some visual descriptions of the characters and the set.
Additional access features:
- Dressed as People is sensory friendly
- Triptych is digitally relaxed
- Speaking Vibrations incorporates ASL poetry, Deaf lived experience and explores access in an aesthetic way (please note that this show is not ASL interpreted).