June 16, 2021
ArtWorksTO: Skills for a Creative Future: Portfolio Prep
Hosted by Neighbourhood Arts Network, OCAD University
Toronto Arts Foundation's program ‘ArtWorksTO: Skills for a Creative Future’ is collaborating with OCAD U to offer FREE workshops, panel discussions and one-one-one dedicated support with OCAD U artists! These offerings are for Indigenous, Black, People of Colour and/or 2SLGBQT youth (18-29) media artists.
From June 16-July 30, ArtWorksTO is offering:
INDUSTRY INSIDER SERIES (JUNE 16-30) Tune into online industry panels + free workshops that cover:
- How to craft your bio and artist statement;
- Fundamentals on presenting a strong portfolio for education, employment and grants;
- Tips on navigating your creative career from emerging creatives.
ONE-ON-ONE PORTFOLIO REVIEWS (JUNE 16-30) Like a resume, your portfolio tells your story and shows your versatility as a media artist. Do you want feedback on your portfolio? Book a free one-on-one consultation session with OCAD U creative professionals today!
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR OCAD U SUMMER WORKSHOPS (JULY 5-30) Ready to expand your practice, learn a new skill and connect with creative professionals? Apply for a scholarship to OCAD U’s “Summer Workshops At Home” program. In this 3-week program, you’ll learn to round out your portfolio in a discipline specific workshop taught by OCAD U instructors.
Deadline to register: June 16, 2021
- The summer workshops are completely online portfolio development courses where participants have access to resources and live classes with OCAD U instructors.
- We anticipate having about 10-12 scholarship spots available.
- There will live closed captioning available for all offerings.
- Portfolio prep info sessions + the emerging creatives panel will be recorded and transcribed.