July 21, 2021
Call for Applications: Adapt Grants
Adapt grants support projects that address pandemic-related challenges through new ways of working. These projects include creating, presenting, or adapting artistic work, building partnerships, and creating innovative solutions for community needs. The total funding available in this program is $100,000. Individuals, collectives, ad-hoc groups, and non-profit arts organizations are eligible to apply. Applications will be evaluated and grants will be awarded by a jury of artists and arts professionals.
In order to be eligible to apply for an Adapt Grant, applicants must be located in the City of Kingston and be one of the following:
- A professional artist or arts professional.
- An incorporated non-profit arts organization; or
- An unincorporated artist collective or ad-hoc group.
Eligible expenses include:
- artist fees for the creation of new work;
- artistic production, presentation, and dissemination costs for the creation and distribution of new work;
- project administration costs (not exceeding 20% of total budget);
- marketing, promotion, audience development, and community outreach;
- venue, studio, or workspace rental;
- costs related to accessibility for Deaf artists and audiences and/or artists and audiences with disabilities; and
- minor equipment or software to upgrade the technology, workspaces, or health and safety items required to carry out the proposed project.
Applications must be submitted before 5pm on 21 July 2021.
If you require accommodations in the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the deadline.