August 13, 2021 - September 24, 2021
Hosted by Intrepid Theatre Company
With the easing of restrictions, the Victoria Fringe returns with new dates and new ways to Fringe. Running August 13 – September 24, the 2021 Victoria Fringe has both live and online shows and experiences, and will adapt to changing Provincial Health Orders as required. The Fringe Victoria knows and loves will look different this year, but we are thrilled to be able to return to live theatre and showcase the unjuried and uncensored work of independent artists over 6 weeks this summer.
- Fringe at The Metro – With COVID safety plans in place, 13 local companies take over The Metro Studio, with 2 companies playing 5 shows each week. The Metro has been transformed into a cabaret venue, with tables for 2 and 4, and single seats spaced out on the seating risers. The seating capacity is capped at 72 patrons.
- Fringe at Home – Take in shows from national and international touring artists from your screens at home, with a different online show on offer each week. Each show will be available to view on demand for a week.
- Fringe After Dark – A free livestream series brings the Fringe to pop-up locations across the city, with short performances shared on our Facebook.
- Fringe with Kids – This popular event for the youngest Fringers goes online on Saturday August 21, with a day of digital performances, art lessons, and a ‘to-go kit’ of art supplies and interactive materials. As always, FringeKids is 100% free.
- Fringe Preview – This kick-off to the Fringe will be pre-recorded and available to view on our website throughout the Fringe, featuring 2 minute previews from the participating companies, hosted by past Victoria Fringe artist Shawn O’Hara (Field Zoology 101).
The following performances have ASL interpretation. Most have one interpreter with their own spotlight on one side of the stage.
- Tightrope – Aug 15 | 8:15pm. (interpreter: Katt Campbell)
- I’m Batman – Aug 21 | 8:30pm (interpreter: Katt Campbell)
- Hegnimwaal – Sept 9 | 6:00pm (interpreter: Emily York)
- Body and Stumps – Sept 17 | 8:30pm (interpreter: Emily York)
- Batman in the Park – Sept 23 | 6:00pm (interpreters: Emily York & Tanya Creed)
All FringeKids videos and Fringe On Demand (online) shows are closed captioned.