July 24, 2021
Cripping the DJ Booth
Hosted by CRIP RAVE Collective
CRIP RAVE™ Collective Presents…
“Cripping the DJ Booth” is an introductory DJing workshop facilitated by Syrus Marcus Ware.
Do you identify as Crip, Mad, Deaf, Disabled, or Sick and want to learn what DJing is all about?
Join us on July 24th 2021 from 2PM - 4PM EST for a dance party, DJing demo, and a chance to explore the basics, like picking out a song, storytelling, and curating a playlist.
This workshop will de-emphasize software but include an introduction to some of the technical aspects of DJing by demystifying equipment and terms like Beats Per Minute.
Participation in all parts of the workshop is optional.
This workshop will be capped at 20 participants. Register early!
- This free online event will take place on Zoom. Participants can also join by phone/dial-in.
- ASL- English interpretation and automated closed captioning provided.
- The ASL- English interpreters for this event are Carmelle Cachero and Amanda Hyde
- Sound descriptions will appear as captions when music is playing.
- There will be no real-time image descriptions at this event but we ask that when people speak, they first offer a brief description of themselves.
- This event will not be video recorded, but screenshots will be taken for documentation purposes. You are welcome to keep your camera off.
- An ‘access and participation guide’ will be emailed to registrants the day before the workshop.
- Please email Renee or Stefana with any other access needs, feedback, or questions at: email@example.com