July 29, 2021 - August 7, 2021
Saskatoon Fringe 2021
3 in-person venues. Digital performances. 36 unique experiences. 10 days.
This year, the Saskatoon Fringe Festival will play host to 15 in-person theatre groups with the slots allocated to Saskatchewan artists and national artists and digital submissions open for international artists. These performances will be hosted at:
- The Broadway Theatre (A/C, wheelchair accessible)
- The Refinery Arts & Spirit Center (A/C)
- W. E. Graham Park (wheelchair accessible, outdoors!)
21 digital performances (see below) will be available online, on-demand throughout the festival. One of these lucky shows will also be selected as the “Best of Fest” and will be allotted a time to be screened at the Broadway Theatre for in-person audiences!
In addition to the 21 digital performances, 4 other in-person performances will be pre-recorded for on-demand viewing. Those performances are:
- All According to Plan: A D&D Story – Fresh Start Productions (Saskatoon, SK)
- How I Murdered My Mother – Tomo Suru Players (Vancouver, BC)
- The Funny Bone Schmomedy Zone – The Funny Bone Schmomedy Zone (Saskatoon, SK)
- The Newcomer – Ay, Caramba! Theatre (Saskatoon, SK)
- The Broadway Theatre and W. E. Graham Park are wheelchair accessible
- The Broadway Theatre and The Refinery Arts & Spirit Center have air conditioning
- W. E. Graham Park is an outdoor venue
- The Unforgettables – Fight or Flight Theatre (Saskatoon, SK): Thursday, July 29 9:15pm & Wednesday, August 4th 7:30pm
- Liminality – Floater Studios (Camrose, AB): Sunday August 1st 3:30pm
- SMUSH – Scantily Glad Theatre (Saskatoon, SK): Monday, August 2nd 2:00pm
- The Skiffle Disco Soul Circus – Rook Takes Bishop (Saskatoon, SK): Wednesday, August 4th 7:20pm
- A multitude of our digital performers are providing closed captions for their videos. See the individual show descriptions to find out more.
- Some digital performances include audio description. See the individual show descriptions to find out more.