September 25, 2021
What is the AZ-MAP Program (Azimuth Theatre Apprenticeship and Mentorship Program)?
AZ-MAP is the pilot of an educational opportunity, with instructional pathways and self-guided education centred around the needs of individual emerging theatre performers, giving two participants agency in their education and achieving their professional theatre goals.
The program is a blend of:
- Instructional classes
- Apprenticeship based learning
- Theatre process shadowing
- One-on-one mentoring
- Artistic and administrative skill development
These skills will set participants up for success in their growing arts practices in their future endeavours.
Goals Of AZ-MAP
- To create community-based education opportunities in the arts
- To grow the program to actively support subsections of Edmonton’s theatre community that historically have not received equitable resources.
- including but not limited to those who are:
- a part of underrepresented communities (BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+, newcomers, and more)
- mature students
- students from low-income financial situations
- neurodivergent students
- students with disabilities
- students with dependents
- To facilitate training based on the needs and aspirations of these individuals and provide them with tools and connections to succeed in this work.
- To invest in our artists to build strong and long-lasting relationships between Azimuth Theatre, independent artists and our community at large.
If you have any accessibility needs for your meetings or interviews, let us know and this can be arranged at Azimuth Theatre’s expense.
If you have any questions or need support with your application you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.