November 8, 2021
Hosted by Theatre Passe Muraille
This contract position of Artistic Associate is a part-time position (28 hours/week) starting as soon as possible until April 1, 2022. This position has the potential to be extended for the right candidate.
This role works in a supporting role to the Artistic Director in the execution of the development of artists and programming, and may include some of the following specific duties:
- Collaborate with Artistic Director, to co-ordinate artist meetings, auditions, communications, and workshops through Buzz development program, Recommender’s grants, ‘Meet Marjorie’, residencies etc. and serve as an additional dramaturgical voice as needed, and/or be present when the AD cannot attend
- Read scripts, artistic proposals, and respond to artist inquiries under the direction of the AD
- Participate in the writing of grants, other proposals, project descriptions, letters of support, etc., as directed by the Artistic Director or Interim Managing Director (which could also include at times in support of marketing, fundraising or outreach)
- Document works in development through video/audio/stills
- Collaborate with the TPM staff (primarily Producer and Community Engagement Co-ordinator) to assist when needed in ancillary programming inside the theatre (eg. hosting Q&As, greeting schools etc.) as well as in supporting accessibility initiatives
- Assist the AD on the preparation of presentation materials for conferences, seminars etc
- Collaborate with TPM staff to develop strategies encouraging underrepresented groups to access the theatre
- Act as a resource for the development of marketing materials in order to ensure artistic/vision accuracy
- Be a vibrant member of the artistic community which could include, seeing shows upon request of the AD in order to give assessments of the work, participating in conferences, networking fairs or other events that may require TPM representation
Deadline: November 8, 2021
TPM is an equal opportunity employer and accepts applications from all qualified candidates. TPM strongly encourages submissions from candidates of Indigenous and diverse backgrounds, as well as individuals who identify as having a disability.
Please contact Jenn Sartor at email@example.com if you have any access needs or require any support in regards to your application (for example: video/ audio submissions, deadline extensions, etc.). You can also reach her by phone at 416-504-8988 ext 2127.