November 30, 2021
Call for Applications: RBC Emerging Indigenous Artist-in-Residence
Hosted by Festival Antigonish Summer Theatre
Festival Antigonish is inviting applications for the RBC Emerging Indigenous Artist-in-Residence to join our team. Funded by the RBC Foundation, this program’s objective is to support and promote an emerging Indigenous theatre creator through funding and professional supports including exposure to new audiences, networking and mentoring, talent development and production resources.
The selected candidate will work alongside our artistic team on the development of their own creative project. Opportunities to be involved in most aspects of theatre creation can be accommodated, based on the artist’s interests, and the Indigenous ways of knowing, being, and doing.
We recognize that much work needs to be done in the Canadian theatre sector to address systemic barriers for Indigenous artists. This includes our own company, and we acknowledge that we must do better. We want to establish meaningful relationships within the Mi’kmaw community, and we see this program as an important first step towards this goal.
- Be theatre creators, or artists in another discipline with an interest in learning about theatre creation;
- Be Indigenous, with priority given to Mi’kmaq artists in recognition of the traditional land on which we reside;
- Demonstrate a commitment to artistic growth and mutual learning and sharing;
- Fit our funder’s criteria of “emerging”, which includes:
- Between 18 and 35 years old
- In the early stages of your art career
- Not yet achieved national or international recognition
- Self-identify as an emerging artist
Deadline to apply: November 30, 2021
If you have any questions or concerns about the application process, please call us at 902-867-3954.