May 26, 2022 - June 10, 2022
ReelAbilities Film Festival Toronto
Hosted by ReelAbilities Film Festival Toronto
Launched in 2016, the ReelAbilities Film Festival Toronto (RAFFTO) is the only Canadian chapter of the ReelAbilities Film Festival – the largest film festival in North America dedicated to showcasing shorts, features, and documentaries about Deaf and disability cultures.
Virtual & Physical Accessibility:
- All of our festival films feature open captions, and are made available with audio description tracks.
- All live events such as panels, Q&As, and workshops feature ASL interpretation and live captioning (CART) for translating and transcribing speech in real time.
- All physical event venues are barrier-free.
- Relaxed screening policy: RAFFTO maintains a relaxed attitude towards noise and movement at in-person screenings and events. This also includes keeping House lights on at a dim level and sound at a slightly lower volume, and communicating pertinent information about the nature of the screenings to patrons in advance.
- Scent-free policy: RAFFTO supports the maintenance of a fragrance-free environment, and encourages staff and patrons to refrain from using, wearing, and bringing scented products and materials at in-person events.
Financial Accessibility: We also recognize the importance of income-based accessibility, and have implemented a Pay-What-You-Can ticketing model for all of our events. Thanks to the generous support of our sponsors, we are proud to ensure that cost is not a barrier to attending our programming.
If you have any questions or feedback about our accessibility measures, please get in touch with us at email@example.com. We are dedicated to meeting your needs to the very best of our ability, and making sure that the festival experience is inclusive and enjoyable for all!