May 9, 2022
2022/2023 Mainstage Assistant Director Program
Hosted by Citadel Theatre
The Citadel Theatre is excited to announce a call for submissions for the 2022/23 Mainstage Assistant Director Program. This professional development program has been developed to support directors as they develop their skills, particularly in large scale Mainstage work.
Citadel Theatre’s 2022/23 Mainstage Assistant Director Program is funded in part by the Eldon & Anne Foote Fund for Excellence at Edmonton Community Foundation.
THE PROGRAM This is a unique program that is built in collaboration with the selected artists involved, the Mainstage directors they will be working with as well as with Mieko Ouchi, TD Associate Artistic Director, who will support this program and these artists as Mentor.
Opportunities will include:
- 1-on-1 mentorship with Mieko Ouchi and the Mainstage director;
- Access to and participation in rehearsals for your Mainstage production;
- hands-on creative apprenticeships on your Mainstage production;
- tours of the building and facilities and facilitated conversations with Citadel staff throughout the season;
- invitations to opening night events;
- Artist profile on the Citadel Theatre website with amplification on our social media feeds;
All artists will receive a $2500 honorarium as part of the program.
The Citadel Theatre is in the heart of amiskwaciwâskahikan ᐊᒥᐢᑲᐧᒋᐋᐧᐢᑲᐦᐃᑲᐣ (Edmonton, AB), and we are proud to call Treaty 6 Territory home. As a regional theatre, it is integral that we ensure that the stories we tell, as well as the composition of our artists, board, staff, students and audience are reflective of the diverse lived experiences in this dynamic city. We strongly encourage submissions from artists who self-identify as members of under-represented communities. If there are barriers (language, disability or any other consideration) about the process preventing you from submitting, please let us know and we will work with you to overcome them.