July 15, 2022
Micro Grant Call for Applications
Hosted by Cinevolution Media Arts Society
Are you an emerging BIPOC artist or arts worker? Do you have lived experience of disability, or are you Deaf or Hard of Hearing, neurodivergent, and/or Mad? Are you interested in media art or exploring the use of digital media in your work?
Cinevolution is giving out five $1,000 grants to individual artists and arts workers who have limited access to traditional funding. The goal of this program is to provide financial assistance to artists and arts workers for self-directed learning, research, and creative experimentation. You do not need formal arts training to apply. You do not need to produce a complete work by the end of the project.
This grant is for you if you are an emerging artist and/or arts worker who:
- Identifies as Black, Indigenous, and/or a Person of Colour;
- Has lived experience of disability, or is Deaf or Hard of Hearing, neurodivergent, and/or Mad;
- Is over the age of 18; and
- Lives in BC
For this grant, we define an emerging artist as someone who is developing an artistic practice or exploring art as a means of communicating ideas and stories.
Formal training and previous exhibition experience are not required. You can be any age, but priority will be given to youth (18-24 years) and individuals who have not previously received arts funding.
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm Pacific Time on July 15, 2022.
You can apply in the following ways:
- In writing, using the online Google form
- In writing, as a single Word or PDF file. Please send the document as an email attachment to email@example.com.
- Video or audio recording, through Google Drive, WeTransfer, YouTube, or Vimeo. No more than 10-minutes and file size must be less than 200MB. Please send the file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone or Zoom call. To schedule a call, please contact Sarah Wang by email at email@example.com or call 778-803-7150 and press 5, by June 30, 2022. We may not be able to accommodate requests received after June 30.
If you would like someone to contact you about individualized application support (e.g. ASL interpretation, alternative submission formats, etc.), please contact Sarah Wang by June 30, 2022.