June 24, 2022
Canada Summer Jobs: Project Administration Officer
Next Generation Arts is a not-for-profit arts organization serving North and Central Scarborough, that provides resources and opportunities for youth and the community. This includes artistic opportunities, learning opportunities, employment opportunities, but most importantly, opportunities to be leaders in the community.
Our goal is to advance education by providing structured learning activities in the arts to create accessible opportunities that enhance artistic and innovative practices for youth, the next generation of artists, arts administrators, art appreciators and the public in the Greater Toronto Area. Through programming, sessions and professional development with specialized facilitators, we provide our members with teachings and access to resources that allow them to develop their creativity and performance in various artistic fields.
Job Description We are seeking a dynamic and arts and community-oriented youth to join our small but mighty team supporting project administration for our summer projects and initiatives.
- General administrative support for summer programming
- Support with engagement and outreach with local Scarborough residents and youth, community service providers, arts service providers and youth networks to support program outreach
- Focused outreach and registration of summer projects and programs
- Research and networking to prepare for new summer initiatives
- Supporting tech, remote Zoom and online classes, and in-person programs and activities if/when needed
- Host and facilitate meetings with facilitators, and occasional support coordinating program activities
- Leading and maintaining social media content creation, outreach and conversations (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Linktree, etc.)
- On-site and remote documentation and evaluation of projects and events
- Support in sponsorship requests pertaining to summer projects and events
This position is a hybrid position in where the successful candidate will be required to work on-site at its 1121 Bellamy Road North office, occasional visits to program sites and remotely with reliable internet connection. Next Generation Arts is committed to following all public health guidelines and is working towards a fully vaccinated workplace to reduce COVID-19 transmission. Successful applicants and staff are required to show proof of vaccination or an acceptable exemption. Next Generation Arts is committed to an equitable hiring process and work environment. Next Generation Arts hires candidates based on qualifications and encourages applications from individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations and abilities as well as individuals at the intersections of these groups.