July 22, 2022
BIPOC TV & FILM is seeking an Executive Assistant to join our team as we build on our efforts in transforming the industry. Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for contributing to the effective operation of the organization; assisting the board of directors (Visioning Committee), Advisors (Brain Trust) and other ad hoc or subcommittees; and supporting other staff, as needed. As an integral part of the team, you are in a position of trust and confidentiality. You will also support the development of intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, managing schedules, and task delegation.
- Work with Executive Director on executing fundraising and community engagement campaigns
- Assist with funding proposals, including research and managing deadlines
- Research new and existing funding programs
- Field inquiries about the mandate and services of BIPOC TV & FILM
- Provide initial responses to routine public inquiries and refer them to the appropriate staff for further response or action. Track inquiries and follow up on resolution, as required
- Liaise and follow up with requests from industry partners, supporters, and other stakeholders
- Research and keep up-to-date on industry and equity-seeking initiatives for Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (including those impacting 2SLGBTQIA+, Francophone, newcomers/recent immigrants, and people with disabilities)
- Manage the calendar of the Executive Director (book and confirm meetings and appointments, prepare meeting notes as required, follow up on action items)
- Coordinate, schedule and organize meetings with third parties (government, partners, funders, consultants, etc)
- Draft third-party contracts and agreements, as needed
- Coordinate insurance renewals, invoices, legal compliance documents, and related processes; and maintain documents and records in Google Drive
- Prepare board meeting agendas and other material as required, coordinate logistics, ensure all support materials are distributed in advance and taking minutes, as required
- Prepare employee expense claims and invoices, coordinate appropriate approvals, and submit to the bookkeeper for processing
Deadline: Friday, July 22 at 5:00 PM (ET)
BIPOC TV & FILM is an actively anti-racist and anti-colonialism organization with an additional commitment to advancing justice for Indigenous, Black and racialized people in the screen sector. We believe that individuals have a right to a living wage, safe and harassment-free workplaces, and to be treated with dignity regardless of socioeconomic status.
We are a positive and welcoming space for people of all gender expressions and identities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, and life experiences. If you’re interested but don’t see yourself fully reflected in the requirements of this job posting, we still encourage you to apply or reach out to learn more. To set up a short call, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.