July 21, 2022 - August 8, 2022
Call for Board Members: STEPS Public Art
Hosted by STEPS Public Art
As a public arts organization with an ambitious growth plan for the next five years, we are looking to expand our Board of Directors. The STEPS Board provides strategic foresight and accountability structures to ensure the organization’s success, stability and viability, involving staff in strategic planning. We employ a hybrid model through which the Board provides both strategic advice, but also serves as a limited working Board, where Directors have specialized expertise that can be leveraged by the organization’s executive.
Ideal candidates for this opportunity will have the following qualifications:
- prior charitable governance experience
- expertise in one or more of the following areas: ○ public art, cultural planning or placemaking ○ communications, marketing or media relations ○ employment, charitable or related law ○ charitable or foundation fundraising ○ business development ○ finance or accounting
- a commitment to the mission of STEPS
- comfort contributing to group meetings, including those facilitated virtually; email and phone
- availability to meet no less than quarterly, with some committee work between meetings
- enthusiasm to champion the organization within your networks and communities
If you require accommodations to apply for this opportunity, please send an email with “STEPS Board App Accommodations” in the subject line to email@example.com.