October 20, 2022 - October 23, 2022
Superfest Disability Film Festival
Hosted by Paul K. Longmore Institute on Disability
Superfest Disability Film Festival is the longest running disability film festival in the world. Since 1970, we’ve celebrated cinema that portrays disability through a diverse, unabashed and engaging lens, and we can't wait to bring this much-loved festival back in person to the Bay Area of San Francisco while maintaining our global Superfest community through our virtual screening platform.
The festival will run virtually October 20th through 23rd with all 20 films available for screening online.
Two in-person screenings will take place in San Francisco.
We strive for accessibility and work to expand access every year.
- All of our programs will have live captioning and ASL with certified Deaf interpreters for live dialogue.
- All our films will screen with open captioning in person and closed captioning virtually.
- For the first time ever, Superfest will offer all of the films screened on Sunday with ASL video translation, available via the All4Access app.
- All of our films will play with closed audio description. Virtually, you can turn audio description on using the Eventive media player. In person, audio description will be available via the All4Access app.
- Our screenings are wheelchair accessible.
- For additional details about access and COVID protocols at the screenings, visit the virtual screening page, the Saturday program page, or the Sunday program page.
- Passes will be sold on a sliding scale from $0 - $50 and allow you to attend in person and online, just select the screenings you plan to attend.