November 15, 2022 - November 17, 2022
Indigenous Disability and Wellness Gathering
The 2022 Gathering will be held November 15-17, 2022, in Victoria, BC and on the ancestral lands of the Lekwungen People. We will be celebrating Indigenous Disability Canada's (IDC) / British Columbia Aboriginal Network on Disability Society's (BCANDS') 31st anniversary and the 8th anniversary of Indigenous Disability Awareness Month (IDAM) being recognized and proclaimed.
The Gathering brings together Indigenous and non-Indigenous governments, leadership, service providers, community members and others to learn, connect, and collaborate in addressing the unique barriers Indigenous peoples with disabilities face. We will continue to take the necessary steps forward in dismantling both historical and current barriers, and the attitudes and perceptions that negatively impact Indigenous peoples living with disabilities. By forming new and expanded partnerships, we can collaborate and identify the best practices for the broader disability and health sectors.
Together, we will help shape a Canada that is inclusive and responsive to the needs of all peoples and abilities.
The 2022 Gathering would be of interest to any individual, organization and other stakeholders with interest in Indigenous disability and wellness, whether as an individual, family, professional, leader or those representing Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities and organizations.
**Regular Registration: **Available from September 1, 2022 until October 10, 2022 - $585.00
All Delegates will enjoy the following at the 2022 Gathering:
- 2022 Gathering tote bag and swag
- Access to all three days of Gathering sessions
- Access to Vendor / Exhibitor tables
- Breakfast all three days of the Gathering
- Lunch all three days of the Gathering
- Morning and afternoon coffee service, all three days of the Gathering
- Daily Networking opportunities
- Daily Door Prizes
- November 16th evening Mix & Mingle Social, including presentation of the IDC / BCANDS 2022 Indigenous Partnership Award, traditional entertainment, finger foods, and cash bar
* Delegates are solely responsible of all other expenses in relation to attending the 2022 Gathering not included in the Delegate registration fee. This includes, but not limited to: travel costs to attend, accommodations, meals (not provided in the registration), entertainment, exhibit / vendor purchases, etc.
The Victoria Conference Center is a fully accessible** **facility. The 2022 Gathering is a scent free event.