October 26, 2022 - June 30, 2023
Share Your Story: Disability Without Poverty
Disability Without Poverty is seeking personal stories and experiences about disability.
Do you have a personal story or experience that you’d like to share ? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We accept video stories too! Preferred length: 90 seconds to 2 minutes
Here are some ways to write your personal story:
- How often are you stressed about money? What happens when you are stressed? How does stress affect you?
- What are your needs that are not being met because of lack of money or support?
- What would you like people without disabilities to understand about the extra costs you have because of your disability?
- Are there things that prevent you from being able to work? What are they?
- Tell us about the activities or things you would do if money was not a concern?
- If you didn’t need to pay for medication or equipment, what would you use that money for?
- If you did not need to spend time worrying about money, how would you use that time instead?
- Other than money, what type of support do you need to best succeed?
- If you had more money each month, would you spend it? Save it? What would you do with it?