December 12, 2022
Writers' Salon for Deaf and Disabled Writers
CRIPtic x Spread the Word present the Writers' Salon for Deaf and Disabled Writers. The Salon aims to support and promote underrepresented writers and be an inclusive space where d/Deaf and disabled writers can be part of a community, learn, have fun and share their work.
This event on December 12 will include a workshop followed by a reading with** Khairani Barokka, **and an opportunity for participants to take part in an open mic (five x five mins slots will be available).
The Salon is open to deaf and disabled writers writing in any genre, new or more experienced. You can book a ticket to the workshop or the reading, or both! If you'd like to be considered for an open mic slot, please book a ticket to the reading event. We email through a form for you to complete to all ticket bookers if you're interested in performing at the open mic. You'll need to complete this if you'd like to read your work on the evening.
Free, online via Zoom 5:30-8pmGMT
Part of the CRIPtic x Spread the Word Writers salons collection
- All Salon sessions are BSL Interpreted by Michelle Wood and Jemima Hoadley.
- They are also auto-captioned.
- The Salon is a relaxed space. People will be given regular breaks and are able to take additional breaks as needed.
- Open Mic participants and guest readers will be asked to self-describe when introducing themselves.
- Any images used at the Salon will be described, and Open Mic participants will be asked to describe any slides or images used in their own work.
- We cannot guarantee a trigger-free space, and we will request that people participating in the Open Mic slots flag content likely to trigger.
Please email us about any other access needs: firstname.lastname@example.org