November 20, 2022
Job Opportunity: Editorial Intern
Avenue magazine is seeking an editorial intern for a six-month term from January 3 to June 30, 2023. This full-time contract position is an opportunity to work with an award-winning publication, gain invaluable experience in the magazine industry, expand your network of contacts and develop your skills through on-the-job training.
RedPoint Media Group Inc., Avenue’s parent company, is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team that creates our in-house brand Avenue, an award-winning city lifestyle magazine.
RedPoint Media has a hybrid office setup offering employees the opportunity to work from home or from the co-working space at cSPACE King Edward. Some face-to-face meetings as well as event attendance will be necessary.
Our Opportunity This internship is a full-time, six month contract position. The salary is based on a 40-hour work week at minimum wage, and you will be paid semi-monthly on the 15th and the last day of the month.
This is an opportunity to:
- Write, research, fact-check and interview while ensuring the accuracy and quality for which Avenue magazine and its digital brand extensions are known.
- Create content for digital including social media, newsletters and web.
- Take part in Avenue’s editorial processes from start to finish including participating in story idea meetings, learning about scheduling for both print and online and be a valued member of a magazine editorial team.
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as picking up items for photo shoots and providing general assistance to the editorial team.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate As editorial intern for Avenue magazine, you are passionate about the people, cultures and lifestyles that define this city, and you are able to work in a team and across teams to produce a great product.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Ability to write, edit and proofread effectively.
- Great communication skills.
- Very organized, with exceptional time-management skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, social networking sites and the Mac operating system.
- Experience working with WordPress and ClickUp is an asset.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Post-secondary education in journalism, electronic publishing or a related field.
- Media work experience.
This posting will be open until November 20, 2022. Applicants are asked to include three published articles, along with a cover letter and resume.
Please apply directly on our hiring website, visit redpointmedia.bamboohr.com.
In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that different candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
We will be happy to work with applicants requesting accommodations at any stage of the hiring process.