December 8, 2022
Call for Artists: Toronto Fringe
Hosted by Toronto Fringe
Call for applications to the Toronto Fringe Festival
Applications are open NOW through to December 8, 2022. If you are interested in applying, we recommend everyone, especially first-time Fringers, start with downloading our full Application Guide. This has all the information you need in one place. Be sure to also download the 2023 Participation Policies before submitting your application.
There are two main ways to apply for the 2023 Toronto Fringe Festival (July 5 - 16, 2023):
MAIN VENUE CATEGORY
- The majority of the festival is in Main Venue slots, which are selected by a randomly drawn lottery. There are several different categories and venue sizes to select from during the lottery application process.
- The main lottery is for artists who are planning on producing their shows in a conventional theatre space. The Festival provides the performance venues for this category, and schedules each company up to 7 performances (in small venues and for KidsFest, up to 8 performances)
- The Festival provides the performance venues for this category, and schedules each company up to 7 performances (in small venues and for KidsFest and Teen slots, up to 8 performances)
- Applications to the Main Venue lottery close on December 8, 2022, 11:59PM ET
UNCONVENTIONAL VENUE CATEGORY
- Apply with a proposal for a non-conventional performance venue in the Unconventional Venue Category, which is programmed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- There are limited slots in this category, and two streams available to choose from: Physical Venues and Non-Physical Venues.
- Participants apply with a venue, the Festival does not intervene in any rental agreement. The venue cannot be a conventional theatre.
- Applications must demonstrate that the work cannot be produced in a conventional, traditional theatre, but are uniquely tied to the space and/or presentation format.
- Submitted applications will be placed in the queue only if they are complete.
- Applications to the Unconventional Venue Category open on December 5, 2022
- Proposals can be submitted for pre-approval from now until November 25, 2022