January 30, 2023
Job Opportunity: Producer, Intrepid Theatre
Hosted by Intrepid Theatre Company
We are hiring a Producer to produce and lead the annual Victoria Fringe Festival and to collaborate on producing Intrepid Theatre’s season, including our curated festivals, presenting series, artist development programs and residencies. This is a year-round senior position.
Description of Activities
- Produce the annual Fringe Festival and ancillary Fringe events: planning, budgeting, scheduling, onsite management, vendors, and artist communications
- Be the staff lead on all Fringe related activities year-round, including: media interviews; artist inquiries; managing artist applications and lotteries; liaising with other Fringe Festivals and the Canadian Association of Fringe Festivals
- Coordinate artist travel and accommodations for all Intrepid Theatre events
- Update and create artist resources and coordinate artist workshops
- Coordinate festival venues
- Work collaboratively with other departments to support program delivery
- Create and develop festival schedules with management team
- Provide FOH support and troubleshooting for Intrepid events
- Giving input on Equity, Diversity and Inclusion and Accessibility for events
- Supervise and oversee Fringe Front of House seasonal staff
- Provide administrative support to the Artistic Director as may be needed
- Advocate for safe, inclusive festival environment as part of Intrepid Theatre’s Safe(r) Spaces Policy
This position reports to the Artistic Director and works closely with the Production Manager and Managing Director.
Shifts/Hours: 35 hours a week. This position will be required to work some evenings and weekends.
Deadline: Applications are now open and will close January 30 at 5:30pm PST.
Anyone applying can request a pre-application informational chat with the Artistic Director, Sean Guist. All applicants will be sent an email letting them know the status of their application; all of those who are offered an interview will be notified of hiring decisions.
To apply, submit a resume and either a one page cover letter, or an up to 5 minute video or voice recording to Sean Guist: email@example.com.