February 14, 2023
Call for Submissions: Artists for 2023/2024 Roster
Prologue Performing Arts is seeking professional performing artists to join their 2023-24 roster of artists working in schools and communities across Ontario. Prologue a not-for-profit charitable organization that facilitates opportunities for young people to experience the performing arts within Ontario. Prologue works with performing artists in all relevant disciplines (dance, theatre, music, storytelling, spoken word, puppetry and others) who reflect the diversity of Ontario to deliver performances and workshops in schools and community venues. Artists selected for the 2023-24 Artist Roster will receive compensation based on negotiated artist fees for all school and community engagements throughout the year.
Selected artists will meet the following criteria:
- Artist/company is available to tour within and outside of the Greater Toronto Area
- Artist/company is available for a minimum of 6 weeks throughout the school year
- Available support materials and opportunities to enhance the performance (e.g. Q&A, study guides, workshops)
- Ability to deliver a 40 – 45 minute performance and/or workshop (+ Q & A) in a school setting
- Performance is fully or largely completed and ready to present to schools both digitally and in person.
- Experience performing in schools or to youth audiences is considered an asset.
Visit Prologue's website to see a full list of criteria and the steps for submission. Applications can be submitted through a Google form.
Deadline: Tuesday, February 14.
If the Google form model of submitting an application doesn’t work for you, please don’t hesitate to contact Bremely Karthigesu at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find an alternative method that works for you.