March 10, 2023
Job Opportunity: Accessibility Coordinator
Hosted by Xenia Concerts
Xenia Concerts is seeking an accessibility coordinator to update and implement the organization’s accessibility practices and develop our Accessibility Accelerator and ASD Youth Advisory Council programs.
- Part-time contract (employee)
- Start Date: Tuesday April 11, 2023
- Position Type: One-year Contract
- Time Commitment: 20 hours per week
- Compensation: $31,200 per annum
- Benefits: A competitive benefits package will be offered to the successful candidate
The ideal candidate will have:
- An excellent understanding of current accessibility practices, including web accessibility and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA)
- A good understanding of, and/or experience with, community consultation and inclusive co-design methods
- An understanding of artistic development processes and production in the performing arts, especially music
- A strong desire to improve accessibility in the arts for neurodivergent and disabled individuals/individuals with disabilities
The Accessibility Coordinator will work closely with the Executive and Artistic Director of Xenia Concerts to design and execute inclusive co-design workshops, synthesize learnings, design and implement improved accessibility practices, and develop accessibility resources for the organization. This is a one-year part-time contract with the potential for extension.
Interested candidates should send their CV and a brief cover letter to Artistic Administrator Evan Lamberton at email@example.com. The names and contact information on your CV and cover letter will be anonymized before being reviewed by the hiring committee.
Deadline: March 10.
Xenia Concerts offers employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code. If you require accommodation, please notify them in your cover letter.