August 7, 2020
Assistant Arts Administrator
Hosted by Realwheels Theatre
We’re seeking an Assistant Arts Administrator for a contract position.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you’ll be responsible for:
- Creating and maintaining databases and organizational calendars;
- Supporting organization fundraising including preparing fundraising requests;
- Maintaining organized, clear, and comprehensive files and written procedures for all aspects of the role;
- Occasionally writing and editing materials for diverse audiences;
- Supporting the Managing Director and Board of Directors with administrative functions as requested;
- Other duties as requested.
As the ideal candidate, you are known for being a collaborative team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Others describe you as organized and you’re always looking to improve ways of doing things in order to make them more efficient and effective. You have practical experience in writing and editing communications or documents for various audiences. Your ability to think strategically and problem solve while possessing a strong attention to detail will be key. You have a solid understanding of disability issues and have lived experience and/or strong connection to people living with disability. Practical work experience in the theatre industry, or broader arts and culture sector, would be an asset.