June 24, 2020 - July 26, 2020
Call for Applications: Creative Catalyst
Hosted by Nia Centre for the Arts
Applications will be open from Monday, June 24 to Sunday, July 26, 11:59pm.
Applications are now open for the Creative Catalyst stream as part of the Left of Centre program – a 2 year incubator for emerging Black artists. The Creative Catalyst stream pairs a dedicated cohort of 24 emerging Black artists with a group of 8 arts-based consultants to receive consulting services, support, and mentorship over the course of 7 months. Participating artists will have general, self-guided access and support from all consultants, however each participating artist will also be paired directly with a consultant working within their primary artistic discipline to receive more intensive, one-on-one consulting and support. This stream provides consulting in 7 areas:
- Curatorial Practice with Chiedza Pasipanodya
- Site Specific & Experiential Art with Ashley McKenzie Barnes
- Photography with Djenabe Edouard or Ishmil Waterman
- Visual Art with Gordon Shadrach
- Creative Writing with Fiona Raye Clarke
- Grant Writing with Paulina O’Kieffe Anthony
- Business Development with Amoye Henry
The Creative Catalyst stream is application-based, and best suited towards emerging artists who have made a commitment towards establishing their artistic careers, are currently working on new work or building on existing work, and looking to regularly engage an artistic consultant.