June 22, 2020
Call for Applications: Curatorial Assistant
Hosted by BEING Studio
BEING is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to supporting the participation and professional practice of artists with developmental disabilities. BEING has been continually adapting to the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, and recently launched a virtual program called BEING Home. The virtual program offers facilitated chat sessions, home art supply deliveries and video prompts to inspire art projects from home. The Curatorial Assistant will join a diverse team working remotely and collaborating online.
*This position is made possible through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Please check the eligibility criteria listed at the end of the posting before applying.
This position will provide essential support to ongoing curatorial projects, events and art sales initiated by BEING Studio. Main tasks will include:
- Corresponding with artists to compile exhibition histories and artist bios;
- Researching digital database tools to organize artist and artwork files;
- Planning/organizing the documentation of a large archive of artworks;
- Supporting the launch of an online shop;
- Preparing standard loan forms, exhibition and event checklists;
- Other tasks as needed.
BEING Studio invites applications from Disability-Identified candidates for the position of Curatorial Assistant. This is a remote job and does not require travel to Ottawa. We welcome eligible candidates from anywhere in Canada to apply.