August 9, 2019
Call for Applications – General Manager
Hosted by Propeller Dance
Deadline: August 9
Propeller Dance is hiring a General Manager with a focus on marketing/fundraising and digital engagement. This is a 3 day a week renewable contract position.
We are searching for a change-maker to join a small yet resourceful leadership team at Propeller Dance – a barrier-breaking and unique contemporary dance company made up of professional dancers with and without disabilities with a mandate to celebrate diverse expressions in dance and art-making. Are you a passionate professional ready to assist us in moving forward on our powerful path of possibility? The key aspects of this role will include:
- Building our resource base, through grants and donor development as well as organizational partnerships that will further Propeller’s strategic goals
- Develop branding, consolidating and enhancing marketing and communications
- Financial management and budgeting, coordinate Board meetings and the AGM
- Lead and manage special initiatives and business development as identified in the strategic plan (e.g. digital strategies, website redesign, space planning)
- Growing our reach through exciting new digital presentation and distribution strategies that will enable Propeller to present its repertoire, and its creation and teaching methodology to a wider audience
- Advise on, develop, implement and oversee strategic and operational plans to support and develop effective systems for Propeller’s management, operations and program delivery
You will work directly with and report to the Artistic & Executive Co-Directors, and be part of a collaborative extended team. We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of relevant experience.