Call for Visual Artists
Hosted by Kickstart Disability Arts & Culture
Deadline: April 30
Kickstart Disability Arts & Culture is seeking visual artists who live and reside in BC and identify as living with a disability, for the possible inclusion in Nothing Without Us, a group visual art exhibition. The exhibition is in July 2019 and will take place at the The Cultch in Vancouver.
Kickstart is a Vancouver-based registered charitable non-profit society, founded in 1998, with a mandate to support and promote artists that identify as living with a disability. We do this by presenting professional work by artists to public audiences, raising public awareness of their contribution to the arts, and paying the artists for their work. Our projects present authentic interpretations of the disability experience from the perspective of persons who live with disabilities.
Artists will be notified about the selection results by May 15, 2019. All mediums will be considered. It is FREE to apply!
Applications must include:
- Name, address, phone, email, website
- A resume, or biography
- A short statement about the show name, Nothing Without Us
- Up to 8 images of your artwork that would be available for exhibition
- A list of artworks you have sent us including the title, size, and medium
- Can be sent by email to: email@example.com. Please put “Nothing Without Us at The Cultch” in the subject line.
- Can be mailed to: Kickstart Disability Arts and Culture, PO Box 2749 Station Terminal, Vancouver, BC, V6B 3X2. Include a self addressed stamped envelope if you want your materials returned.
- Exhibiting artists will be paid a CARFAC minimum fee
- Kickstart will take 20% commission on the sale of any artwork
- Artworks do not have to be “for sale”
Yuri Arajs is the Artistic Director at Kickstart who brings over 20 years experience being an artist, gallerist, and curator.